All My BeatsOnToast Posts In One Place
It’s hard trying to expand your audience and spread the word that you’re someone to pay attention to. So here are a few tips on how to make the most of the people already supporting you, in the form of your very own Digital Street Team. Want to read more?
This post featured on Hypebot, MusicThinkTank and Fortitude Magazine – Is an album the right route for you to be going down? Have you considered releasing a few more singles, or EPs to get your music out to your fans faster and to keep them interested? It’s worked for other up and coming bands. Want to read more?
Don’t Shout! Speak and They’ll Listen
Having a bit of trouble connecting with online press and bloggers? You may be going about it the wrong way, it’s about connecting as you would in real life, this post may give you some tips. Want to read more?
Upload Your Biography To Spotify
You’ve probably uploaded cover versions of songs onto your Youtube channel in the past and gotten minimal views. But have you considered looking at smaller, more approachable bands to help increase the views you get and help fans find their way to you? Want to read more?
Collaborate & Split The Audience
Collaborations are nothing new, but if you aim for a similar level artist as yourself in a different region it could help you both reach new audiences in new territories, here is how you can split your audience. Want to read more?
10 Top Instagram Tips For Musicians
Ever wondered why when you import your CD into iTunes you’re entered as ‘Unknown Artist 01’? Well here is why and how you can change it. Want to read more?
Reach Your Facebook Fan-atics Through Opt-in Notifications!
Facebook released a new feature to help band pages connect with your hardcore fan base much easier and to ensure people are seeing what you’re posting after Facebook EdgeRanks decreased. Want to read more?
Don’t Miss It, Schedule It
You’ve got a busy life, writing music, performing, recording but also your life outside of music. So how do you make sure you can reach your audience at the best time for them, when you’re busy? Try scheduling. Want to read more?
Bandcamp Launches: ‘Bandcamp For Fans’ – Turning Fans Into Promoters
Recently Bandcamp opened up the availability of fans to create accounts. Fans can now connect with artists and other fans and sift through the music they’ve bought like old school record collections. Want to read more?
200 People Are Attending? Your Really Think So?
Facebook Events, are they really worth it? Have we gotten past taking them seriously and are they now just a landing page for information? Want to read more?
Show Off In 6 Seconds: Introducing Vine For Musicians
Using the Vine App on your phone? Here’s how you can be using it in your band life! Want to read more?
Here is What I’ve Been Listening To!
Tags: albums, artists, beatsontoast, blogs, eps, gracenote, hypebot, Independent, instagram, itunes, marketing, music, music industry, music marketing, music think tank, royalties, singles, spotify, Vine
About Tom SatchwellCommunity Manager at Fortitude Magazine. Read Tom's Industry blog at: www.BeatsOnToast.wordpress.com and follow him on Twitter: @TomSSatchwell
- Soundrop – Bands, Claim Your Artist Room & Engage With Your Fans
- BeatsOnToast on Digital Music Trends [Video]
- ‘We’re saving live music’ – Introducing: GigOwl
- The Ten Things People In The Music Industry Want From Your Facebook page…
- Streaming: Pay In For A Payout? Contemporary Issues In Arts Management #CIAM13
- Going to create my own East London pop up event using random genres & sports. Come to London's first...jazz fusion.… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 13 hours ago
- You all know what's next don't you? The Mrs Browns Boys Christmas album. This is the world we created. twitter.com/Popjustice/sta… 14 hours ago
- #Harkive day - got to remember to keep track of my listening! 1 day ago
- RT @ENTERSHIKARI: #NewProfilePic https://t.co/PKRiehsz8U 2 days ago
- Well this is bloody sold out already isn't it. twitter.com/MARMOZETS/stat… 2 days ago